Relationship Readiness Quiz for Singles
Val Baldwin, CPC
Live Your Ultimate Life
To assess your readiness for a committed relationship, rate yourself in each of the following 10 areas.
Try to be objective and honest with yourself. We recommend asking close friends and family for their
opinions as well.
Rating scale: Rate each item on a scale from 0-10
8-10: Good; this area of my life is strong and would be an asset to my next
5-7: OK; this area needs work, but most likely would not sabotage my next
0-4: Needs Work; this area could interfere with the success of my next relationship
- I know what I want. I have a clear vision for my life and relationship. I can envision my ideal life in detail that feels strong, very real and keeps me motivated. Rating _____
- I know my requirements. I have a written list of approximately 10 non-negotiable requirements that
I use for screening potential partners. I am clear that if any are missing, a relationship will not work for me.
- I am happy and successful being single. I enjoy my life, my work, my family, my friends, and my own company.
I am living the life that I want, and I am not seeking a relationship out of desperation and need. Rating _____
- I am ready and available for commitment. I have no emotional or legal baggage from a previous relationship.
My schedule, commitments and lifestyle allow my availability to build a new relationship. Rating _____
- I am satisfied with my work/career. My work is fulfilling, supports my lifestyle, and does not interfere
with my availability for a new relationship. Rating _____
- I am healthy in mind, body and spirit. My physical, mental or emotional health does not interfere
with having the life and relationship that I want. I am reasonably happy and feel good. Rating _____
- My financial and legal business is handled. I have no financial or legal issues that would interfere
with having the life and relationship that I want. Rating _____
- My family relationships are functional. My relationships with my children, ex, siblings, parents, and
extended family do not interfere with having the life and relationship that I want. Rating _____
- I have effective dating skills. I initiate contact with people I want to meet, and disengage from people
who are not a match for me. I keep my physical and emotional boundaries, and balance my heart with my head with
potential partners. Rating _____
- I have effective relationship skills. I understand relationships, can maintain closeness and intimacy,
communicate honestly and assertively, negotiate differences positively, allow myself to trust and be vulnerable and
can give and receive love without emotional barriers.
Add up your 10 ratings to arrive at your total score. Read below to see how ready you are for a committed
80-100: GREEN LIGHT: You are well on your way to the life and relationship
you really want.
50-79: YELLOW LIGHT: Continue to work on the areas needed and take it slow
in relationships while doing so.
0-49: RED LIGHT: Take a break from seeking a partner, focus on your life and
prepare for the relationship that you want.
Original material copyrighted by Relationship Coaching Institute, adapted by Val Baldwin.